I will reveal how to get started with Xcoins in this post. Simply read on.
Xcoins is a secure peer-to-peer cryptocurrency lending platform where users can loan out bitcoins to borrowers. It was founded in 2016 by Sergey Nikitin in California, USA.
The borrowers use a credit card, PayPal, or other accepted means as collateral payment. When borrowing, the borrowers pay back the borrowed bitcoin with charges as security deposit and fees payment.
To fulfill lending, Xcoins matches the borrower with a lender whose interest rate is the lowest. Xcoins does not borrow or lend bitcoins, but only facilitate loan between the lender and the borrower.
How To Get Started With Xcoins
Follow the steps below to get onboard Xcoins
1. Sign up for an Xcoins account
- Visit https://xcoins.io/client/register to sign up for an Xcoins account
- After signing up, verify your email and phone. This process serves as a security process (2FA) for securing your account.
- Supply your phone number with the correct country code. You get a 6-digit code to complete the 2FA process.
- After verifying your number, you will be redirected to the ‘Get Bitcoin’ page where you make the option of borrowing or lending.
2. Making payment
Xcoins accept the following payment methods
- Credits cards: MasterCard, Visa, Discover Debit cards, and American Express
- PayPal Credit
- PayPal Balance
- Bank account (ACH)
- First-time borrowers usually experience a delay in transactions which does not go beyond 12 hours. Other subsequent lending requests are granted instantly.
- The minimum amount you need for a bitcoin loan request is $10 while the maximum amount of Bitcoin you can request is $1,000 Bitcoin equivalent.
3. Receiving loaned BTC
- Borrowers do not need to have a PayPal account to borrow Bitcoins. However, lenders will require a verified PayPal account
- Borrowers received the requested amount of bitcoin in their bitcoin wallet after a successful transaction.
4. Loan repayment
- You’re at liberty to pay back loaned bitcoins months later.
- Should you decide not to pay, the lender keeps your deposited funds as collateral until you chose to pay.
- If there is a change in bitcoin price, you will be requested to pay the equal amount of bitcoin equivalent to the USD worth of bitcoin you borrowed
- For repayment, you should contact the lender directly to transfer the equivalent amount of Bitcoin to the lender after which the lender makes a payment of your collateral to your PayPal account, or you provide an alternative payment method if you do not have a PayPal account.
5. Transaction fees incurred by the borrower
- When borrowing, you bear the following charges in addition to the payment collateral: Loan interest, Loan origination fee (Xcoin’s commission), and Loan payment processing fees (PayPal processing fee)
- When requesting a refund after transferring the equivalent amount of borrowed BTC, you get a refund with deductions made for the listed charges above.
The following countries are restricted from using Xcoins.io
Now, you should be able to get started with Xcoins.