In this post, you will learn how to create a Bitcoin wallet with Block.io.
Block.io is a simple and secure way to create Bitcoin wallets. You can create custom URLs and send Bitcoins directly to friends, or deposit bitcoin from this platform. Block.io also has its own API to facilitate even more functionality.
They provide wallet hosting for Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin; it also provides customized support for crypto businesses, such as providing API keys users can use to integrate their wallets into an app.
Launched in South Korea in 2016 by Samsung SDS, Block.io has grown to become a cryptocurrency wallet provider preferable for its high-security level, which uses multi-signature confirmation to approve transactions. Also, Block.io’s API is strongly encrypted to protect users’ transaction details. As an app development platform, it allows developers to develop their custom applications using free API.
Creating a bitcoin wallet on Block.io involves following the few simple steps I will be highlighting below.
How To Create A Bitcoin Wallet With Block.io
- Visit the official Block.io website to get a free cryptocurrency wallet
- On the home page, enter your email address, create a password, and click on the ‘CREATE ACCOUNT’ icon.
- Solve the captcha to proceed
- You will receive a confirmation code sent to your email address
- Enter the confirmation code and click on the ‘CONFIRM EMAIL’ icon
- After completing the account creation process with Block.io, you can continue to wallet creation or change your current plans to other paid plans with more features than ‘The Newbie’ free plan
- To create a bitcoin wallet, tap on the ‘WALLET’ icon at your screen’s top right.
- You will be required to ‘Set Secret PIN.’ Your secret pin must consist of a mix of numbers and alphabets 16 characters long
- After setting your secret pin, you will have to save your secret Mnemonic consisting of about 12 words or phrases.
- Check the ‘I have saved this information’ checkbox and click on ‘Done.’
- A ‘Welcome to Block.io!’ page is displayed
- This page contains a success message and a series of information on Block.io’s features which you will find useful for building apps or developing Testnets.
- Click on the ‘AWESOME’ icon to acknowledge you have read through.
- You will be redirected to your bitcoin wallet. The wallet also doubles as Dogecoin and Litecoin wallets.
- Tap on the Dogecoin or Litecoin icon to switch between wallets.
Block.io cryptocurrency wallet has five basic features, which include:
- Send icon
- Receive icon
- Create new address
- Sweep coins from other wallets: this feature lets you transfer coins from other wallets to your block.io wallet.
- Archived address is a collection of addresses you have used to receive coins.
How To Send Bitcoin To Another Crypto Wallet Or User On Block.io
- Ask for the recipient’s bitcoin wallet address
- Click on the send Icon in your wallet
- Paste the recipient’s address (make sure you confirm the authenticity of the address before sending to prevent losing your bitcoin)
- Click on the ‘Send’ icon
How To Receive Bitcoin To Your Crypto Wallet
- Tap on the ‘Receive’ icon
- Copy your bitcoin wallet address, or scan the QR code. You can generate a new bitcoin address by clicking on the ‘+’ icon.
- Send your bitcoin wallet address to the sender
- You get a notification of inbound transfer
- Wait till the bitcoin enters your wallet.
Block.io Wallet Compatibility
The Block.io wallet is compatible with any modern digital device or web browser. Nevertheless, I will recommend that you use Block.io on the following web browsers:
Cryptocurrency Supported By Block.io
Block.io supports the following cryptocurrencies:
Note: Block.io also have Testnets for the above-mentioned cryptocurrencies,
Block.io Security Features
Block.io puts in place the following security feature to protect users’ transactions.
- Multiple signatures: to complete any transactions on the platform, you will need two keys. The platform provides one while you supply the other key, which is your secret pin. You need both keys to confirm transactions.
- Distributed trust (dTrust): This is a feature that lets you customize your security settings. You can choose to add four extra keys and also decide to keep the keys safe.
- Backup: They carry out regular backup for every users’ account and store it in cloud servers spread around the world.
- Regular audits to discover and block any bugs or vulnerabilities by releasing patch updates frequently. This ensures the safety of your fund.
Although Block.io doesn’t support buying and selling cryptos using fiat currencies, it provides a secure wallet for receiving storage and exchanging cryptocurrencies.
Block.io is also a platform loved by many because of its robust security features, which guarantee maximum security of users’ funds.